Saturday, May 19, 2007

My run in with the law


Several months ago, driving a yellow cab, I was in the meat packing area dropping off a fare. A block away, I get to a stop sign and count up to two one thousand and proceeded. Before I knew it, sirens were wailing and I was ordered to pull over to the side of the road. This was my first encounter with the traffic police. The two cops came to both sides of the car with torches to my face. That was humiliating.

As they asked for my license and trip sheet, my fare decided to jump out but not before being given the go ahead and wishing me luck.

cop: do you know why we stopped you?
cabbie: no I don't know why officer tyronne.
cop: you ran through the stop sign.
cabbie: No officer tyronne I counted up to 3 one thousand.
cop: you did not, you went straight through.
cabbie: I am sorry officer tyronne, I thought I stopped.

By the time I said officer the fifth time, his mouth had curled, just about to crack a smile.

cop: you know what, I will let this slide but dont do this again.
cabbie: I am sorry officer.
cop: and stop with the flirting too.
cabbie: thank you officer tyronne and have a good one.

That was a breeze, I couldnt believe it। I am not sure if I thought that was going to end up with cuffs, frisking or a high speed chase. I was just glad it was over.

(अबोवे नत अ रियल कोप)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Prettylyf said...

LOL the 'officer' should let you go for that

 
At May 28, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Prettylyf said...

Cabbie dearest hope u're having a happy memorial weekend. Miss you. Could you? is it possible that you could post something soon?

 
At May 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Tu said...

I can see you next time your in trouble

Cabbie: I am sorry officer I had not realized I ran a red light

Officer: Hey are you "dearcabbie"

Cabbie: Why yes, have you read my blog?

Officer: yes and, thank you for blogging about getting off, here is you’re ticket!

 
At June 3, 2007 at 7:38 PM , Blogger pandave said...

lol! you didn't even have to call him! if he had pulled me over i would have started:
i better call tyronne...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home