Saturday, March 31, 2007

Upgrade or downgrade

I haven't been driving 'old Yellow' cause I have started driving the Towncar. I get a base dispatch me to pick up some executives. Now, it's safe for me cause I am not randomly picking up Jack and Jill on the street. I pick up regular customers on a regular basis.

Did you know that Dubai was building a resort? They had to import sand from wherever because the sand from there was not cutting it.
Did you know to build the NYC tunnels they lowered concrete to form the tube? Later the water was vacuumed out of the tube to make the finishing touches possible. By the way this was done by deep sea divers who happened to be engineers. I hope you get the point.

One of the regulars I picked up on Monday @ 9am going to Queens requested someone else on Tuesday. I then had to do an 8 o'clock Tuesday into Brooklyn which wasnt so bad. So Thursday, on my birthday by the way, I was going to sleep in. I was woken up at 8.15am to pick up the 9am who had unrequested me. I arrived, and she was embarassed to see me, cause the driver she requested cancelled. She was trying to explain herself in a roundabout way and I thought to myself why the defensiveness, Lady.

Anyway, I am grateful for the Black car, but one positive about the Yellow, no one can unrequest me like that. It sure does hurt, but I will not wear my emotions on my sleeve. I repeat, I will not........I am better than that.

Upgrade or downgrade, it is your vote!

2 Comments:

At April 2, 2007 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Nehanzi Mohohlo.Nong and Thabiso Mohohlo said...

Hi Cabbie Dearest. This is a genuinely illuminating blog. much enjoyable. I hope you keep it up. Congrgatulations! Anyhow. I must confess, is the point you let us know about Dubai and the Subway for us to know that you are exposed to a lot of information? Well, that's great. please continue to share.

 
At April 4, 2007 at 11:11 PM , Blogger dearcabbie said...

Hey you guys, thanks for taking the time to read. I appreciate it. I will share more info cause everyday I have a lot of it to digest. Nehanzi, hope you got your translation! ciaou y'all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home