Saturday, May 5, 2007

Racism, Sexism, Stereotypes and Prejudice

Part 3
So now that I am through with being a sexist and the like, I get slapped with karma upside the head. I am at LaGuardia picking up clients to Connecticut, about a 45 minute ride. I pull up to the terminal and jump out of the car to help the family with their bags which I rarely do. So the moment the wife sets her eyes on me, she flips out for whatever reason.

Being 'Miss Naive', initially I thought the husband had messed up somehow so I thought let them sort out their mess. During the tantrum, I listen in more as I hear my company name mentioned. This is the last time I deal with them.

So it took five minutes for the family to get in the car. In hopes of being driven home by someone other than myself, luck was on their side. There was only one seatbelt in the back. This meant only one child could be belted. The other would have to hold on to Mommy Dearest. The Governor was in an accident just a few days before, God forbid something happened to them. I called the base for another car and wondered why I never checked to see if I had all the seatbelts. It was odd.

It would have taken an hour for another car to get there. So we finally drove off and it was the longest ride of my entire life. I was so careful God forbid something happened. It's like I had a ruler measuring the distance between my car and the other cars. I was equidistant from the beginning to the end. Not to mention, the family slept through to their destination (how smooth could that ride be).

They called my base Monday morning, I think at 7.30am about the seatbelts. Yes I agree the seatbelts should be there but the lady had decided not to ride with me before finding that out. It was her way out of it. I dont blame her, would I ride if if my driver were 5 feet tall, female, teenage looking (triple whammy).

Update
that same monday morning, I took the car to the base to find the seatbelts way inside the seat. Mary said nothing about the complaint, neither did Ahmed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 5, 2007 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Prettylyf said...

Interesting blog...

 
At May 11, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Prettylyf said...

Weird our blog titles are almost similiar (partly) yours' is life is what you make it and mine is Life is what i make it

BTW, You need to post...

 
At May 14, 2007 at 4:35 PM , Blogger pandave said...

lol! sorry dear cabbie!

you just can't win... can you?

i owe you a phone call.

 
At May 15, 2007 at 3:27 AM , Blogger dearcabbie said...

prettylyf

I believe we must have been separated at birth....

tribute touched me.

 
At May 15, 2007 at 3:28 AM , Blogger dearcabbie said...

Pandave, I believe you owe me one,
hope we catch up soon and let me know how it went down in Ohio, did you do you it like diddy..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home