Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bloody blunder

I have been driving the black car and it is a totally different ball game. It is laid back and not a NYC yellow hustle. So the 2nd day I had started with this car service, I come from a job and get another in my system on Water street. Let me point out it was drizzling and a little cold. I head straight down to Water street and stop in front of the builing. A gentleman gets in the car and he asks me something to which I nod my head. We head on the FDR drive towards the GWBridge into new Jersey. As we get to the bridge, 10 minutes on our way in the midst of a good conversation, the dispatcher chirps me. "hey 210, got your pickup?" "Yes I did, I acknowledged it in the system".
"Where is passenger going?" dispatcher asks
"To Ridge Park, New Jersey" I replied.
"You got the wrong guy" dispatcher said
I was quiet for a good two minutes, continued on the bridge not knowing what to say. Since we were chirping, the passenger heard the whole conversation. So now I am trying to picture the the long time client for this car service, outside in the rain, obviously not outside but waiting to go home, stood up by the rookie, pacing up and down, stressing which I would.

I think, well he should have been outside, why did this one have to be outside. I know it was raining. I knew it, I should have continued driving the yellow. Didnt this guy in my car see my car number and car company name? Well I didnt get enough time to stop and pin the card to the right side of the window. Cant blame anyone but myself now.

So this passenger says "I asked you is this 239 when I got on board and you said yes"
So I say to him "I heard 2 blah blah, in the midst of the downpour and said yes, so what should we do".
"I am not going back there, we have gone too far to go back"
He sounded like someone that had watched enough of Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle. I cant blame him cause he was comfortable being chauffeured by a beautiful female (toot toot). And to top it off, good conversation, it's like having chocolate ice cream with coloured sprinkles.

End result, I drove half an hour into Jersey, dropped him got my 'hun ed and fitty' cash yea yah. Thas how we do, big tings.

Jokes aside, I felt really bad for messing up my job on the 2nd day. WIll I continue working with this company, will I be back in 'ole yellow'. Que sera, sera.

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2007 at 8:01 PM , Blogger pandave said...

hi aunty!!!

am dead on my feet but i wanted to say hello, i am back and happy independence day... lest we forget

aluta continua!!!!

beee-yooo-ti-ful zimbabwe!!!

okay i am going to bed now

 
At April 23, 2007 at 10:14 PM , Blogger dearcabbie said...

Welcome back, oh man I saw the pic of the driveway. I cant imagine how it was, Was the zhezha in full bloom. Did you roast the maize on hot coals/fire.

Happy independence to you too.

Glad you are back. How was the family?

 
At May 2, 2007 at 3:37 PM , Blogger pandave said...

thanks!
can you imagine, no roasting!!! everyone kept boiling the maize for me. i can't complain cos folk braaied so much that at a point i was like - enough meat. can you believe that? me?

family is... family. well enough to complain. kidding. sort of.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home