Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I just don't get it or do I?

I have turned heads driving a yellow and a towncar than I have been able to in my entire life on foot. I hear 'you are too beautiful to be driving a cab' (probably the most polite way to say 'oh there is a girl behind the wheel of a yellow cab').
The thing is no-one has ever said 'You are too beautiful to be riding on the #6 train, ride a jag or a bentley or something ( I have been in a half a million dollar rolls royce though).

In the words of Tina 'what's beauty got to do with'? (or is it love). No one has said to Barack Obama, you are too handsome to be senator or to run for presidential office, you should be a swimsuit model of some sort. (not delusions of grandeur on my part to make such a comparison).Go out there and be somebody by showing off your looks and not your skill and passion.

I accept the compliments though with gratitude. More women should get into this line of work, or maybe not, the whole city would come to a standstill as we all sit back and admire each other.

Now I get it, the compliments are probably to give me a sense of self worth so I can aim higher and not be a chauffeur in the city. Okay then lady drivers of the the buses, subway system, pedicabs, pilots and astronauts "you are beautiful, magnificent, incredible and superb".

On that note ladies, I hope you feel worthy enough to change your professions and aim higher.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home